Saturday, November 01, 2008

Snoses, and movies, and toast

Well mistress was not banished for long of course.

But when she came back she managed to pick up some nasty bug (no not fleas or ticks, those are my nasty bugs), and has been feeling sorry for herself yet again and lying in bed.

Or rather on the floor, as she doesn't have a bed and I am certainly not sharing my sofa with her.

Enough is enough however, so I ordered a post. Now!

When she came back I did the present trail routine for her. I know she likes this because she always says "Good dog Pippa."



She follows the rubbish that I have carefully distributed and then she sees me waiting patiently for her on my sofa.



And later we took her out for a walk. I was in the lead as usual. Note, although I may be on the lead, I am in the lead.



Next up, I want to ask if you have all seen Bolo's nose competition running throughout November.

I am not a particularly competitive dog but I like my snose, I think it is rather pretty.

And because I am not a kissy or licky dog, (especially of mistress), I use my snose to do the odd few affectionate gestures. Snoses in fact.

Well, what I really mean by that is that I wander up to Misery or master and wait for them to rub my snose, and stroke it and things like that.

If I am feeling very kind, I will stick my snose in their faces. If it is master I will wait for him to say "OK Pippa, I am getting up now, what a good dog you are."

When I do it to Misery I just turn around and run away. Don't want her to think I am fond of her or anything.

My snose went pink for a while. You can see it up there on the big picture. Oh and Jazz and Dixie asked what the hanging things are. They are to keep out the flies and mosquitoes at my finca in Spain. However I thought it was more important that I kept an eye on mistress in the kitchen, so I stuck my head through them anyway.

I don't think my snose is pink at the moment. Misery has taken a picture. She will need to take some more for the competition of course, because if we put this one in you would all be able to guess it was me wouldn't you?

Look how carefully I have aligned my profile against the tile. How artistic of me.



I promised an update on my film project, but of course Misery has not taken a photo of a cruise ship to go with it. Misery also needs to do a bit of work and summarise where we had got to, especially as I have made some new friends who don't know what it is about.

Well obviously it is about me. On a cruise ship. And my darling girlfriends. JB wants to know if she is still Official Ship's Cat. Yes, of course you are. I haven't changed anything since the last time so the role is still there for you.

So next post we need to write about our cast list, and our potential plots, and sub-plots, and sub-sub-plots. Anything more than that will be too complicated for me as I will need a nap.

Perhaps we might run Snose competitions on my cruise ship? There is an idea. And we could have 'Who can eat the most toast/crumpets/pizza?' competitions couldn't we? Yes, I think competitions need to be an integral part of the movie.

Anyway more next time on the movie. (NB Mistress, More next time on the movie - go do some work).

Oh and speaking of toast, I have discovered a new way to eat it. Mistress is spreading it with something called yeast extract. This smells delicious so therefore it tastes delicious. It is brown and slightly sticky and I like it very much.

Apparently Australians have Vegemite, British have Marmite (and Bovril), and we haven't a clue what Americans have. We don't know if you eat yeast extract on toast. Must go and get my share.

Snosing for yeast extract


Lying in wait


On my sofa ready to pounce on that tasty toast

28 comments:

The Army of Four said...

I think your snose is very handsome regardless of what it's doing!
Love,
Ammy

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

A most handsome nose indeed Pippa. "yeast extract"???? Uh, Mom thinks it sounds horrid(what does she know) She says Americans just use butter/margarine on toast. Unless it is cheese toast(piece of cheese melted on it)yumm or peanutbutter toast. Also yumm. And of course jelly or jam used also. But yeast extract?!? Which we are guessing would taste all yeasty. We dogs don't much care, we love ALL toast!!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Pips! J1 hates marmite but J2 loves it. Me, I'll eat anything! Did you get any toast?? J x

Lacy said...

w00f's Pippa, heehee scooter and sunny said all me wuz gonna say watt americans eat on toast...u shure got a handsome snose...tell misery she does need to update ur bloggie more, me has b reading reruns of pippadog..heehee...

b safe,
~rocky~

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yeast extract??? woo will definitely have to tell us more about THAT before we have any interest in sticking our snoses out for some.

Woos, the OP Pack

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Most khanines are fur ANYTHING with yeast in it: doughnuts, bread, khroissants, and so on!

Your snose is snappy and snazzy!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Princess Eva and Brice said...

I love my Pippa's snose!

Princess Eva

Sophie Brador said...

Pippa, I've been noticing some new girlfriends in your comments list and am wondering if I should be concerned about my leading lady role in your movie. Has that Pippa couch turned into the casting couch?

xo
SB

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pippa!
I hope Mistress is feeling better now!
Here, we eat toast with butter and marmalade.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Whoo hoo! I can still be a movie star and be the offical ship's cat! Thanks Pippa! Did you get your toast yet? I think it is mandatory.
--JB

Deefor said...

Hope Mistress is much better. Your snose is very efficient. Hope that toast was yummy.

Deefor

wally said...

Pipps---Sorry to hear about the mistress. Your snose is quite lovely and I know that you are meant for Ms. Ethel because she is a fan of the snose, rubbing others with it and having hers rubbed.

wally t.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hi Pippa! I have just been reading your Snose post. That was fun! I wanted to tell you that my #1 often mixes some Marmite in with my lunch and I LOVE it! She got the idea from a book called "The Greatest Doggie Dinners!"

Tom (in France)

Pei In The Life said...

Hi Pippa! Thanks for mentioning the contest. I can't wait to get your Nose Picture. I've never had toast. Is it good? I'm partial to cookies myself.
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Lola Smiles said...

you have the most kissable nose! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

luv ya
lola smiles

Kapp pack said...

I can't wait to hear more about the movie! You'll be a star!

Butt wiggles, Meadow

Huskee and Hershey said...

Ok, I have to admit you have a handsome looking nose.. and you are indeed artistic. I think you need to give Misery some brownie points for taking that artistic shot too.. Heehee..

Simba and Jazzi said...

Dropping by to say hello. Hope you had a good weekend.

Simba x

Jake of Florida said...

Don't forget our offer of cruise ship photos --- in exchange, of course, for a role in the movie.

We are practiced actors -- just ask Mom!!

Wirey woofs!!

Jake and Just Harry

Anonymous said...

That Mistress needs to get off the floor and begin your movie.

My mistress likes Marmite but I am afraid I do not like it at all. My human sister who does not like me tries to feed me with it all the time.

Yuk.

I am not able to be very witty today, my Editor In Chief only has one working eye, and half a brain.

This is what comes of having the pavement come up towards you and introducing itself.

I cannot look at the state of her, she looks like a scary Halloween personage, without the aid of a mask or make up.

In fact she is as revolting to look at, as Marmite is to taste. IMHO.

But your snose is very nice.

Marvin xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

With that straight beautiful long nose, I bet you have the most keen smell of all. If you'll enter the nose contest over Bolo, I have no problem pointing out wchich one is yours!
I loved the trail you set in your house, that was a master piece!
Please come visit me, I have a "kiss and tell" double dating story to share with you.
Cheers!

Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

Even better than your snose, dear Pippa, is your grace through the day. We always appreciate your understated elegance--the present trail is briliant. :) Toast to you!

JNTR

Kathryn and Ari said...

I'm not going to lie, Pippa, we Americans are pretty gosh darn boring when it comes to toast. But we did make some apple cider jelly last week, which you might like--especially on an English Muffin.

DESERT PUPS said...

Woof Pippa,

Great job, taking care of your Mistress like that. Where would humans be without us to take care of them? As far as your snose is concerned, we like it and Mom says it's a very kissable snose(she likes to kiss noses).

Desert Pups

Islay said...

Hi Pippa - what a great post, and I love what you did with the rubbish. I hope your human appreciated your effort. It was so nice of them to think of you! Have you tried Promite?

licks & slobbers
-Charlie

Anonymous said...

Love that last picture! I use my nose to sniff something out in the yard and then roll in it...

Rusty

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Pippa,
You do have a lovely nose. We are all about noses here. Love the getting ready to pounce on the toast pic!
Lix
J&D

Freda said...

Hi Pippas,

Cooools bark. Loves your snose. Am lookin' forwards to the Snose films.

And I reeeallys liked the neatos spy photos of the militarys GSDs on your mum's barkin' place.

Wuufs!

Ƨ