Saturday, August 07, 2010

Not the best picnic ever

Misery has told me that sometimes, our pawsome thoughts just don't work out. I am sorry to say that Blaze went to the Rainbow Bridge in spite of all our thoughts and love for him. Thanks to Mango who left a message to let me know while I was off line. We send all our love to Joan and Skye and all the other Moondance Huskies.

I was going to post a nice photo of me in the back of my Landy when we stopped for a picnic break on our way to Spain. But as some of you know via Misery's FB page, on our picnic break coming back down to Gib, someone stole our bags with the camera and the iPhone and all our money and passports - even mine!! - and ID, and bank cards and all the rest of it.

It wasn't my fault. I am not a guard dog, and I was happily drinking water and chatting to Misery in the back while it happened. You see, there is a screen between the back and the front, and there are no windows in the side, so Misery didn't see the bad people who snuck into the front of the vehicle. She thought she heard something but when she hopped out and looked around there was no-one.

So here I am, just before we left for Spain, on the toast hunt.







I think Misery needs to get us a new camera, so I can post some new pictures of me though.

13 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Oh, Pippa! I just got so upset that someone stole all those things!!! AND the camera?!?!? Hrumph! As much as I don't like posing for pictures, I sure do like seeing ones of my handsome friends!! I hope maybe your mom will get a new one. Or an iPhone 4. :)
I hope you got toast!
Love,
Ammy

Moondance Huskies said...

My darling Pippa,
Thank you so much for all the love and prayers you, Misery and all the other pups who read your post sent to Blaze. I have not been able to do a post about Blaze's passing yet.
I am SOOO sorry to hear that you were robbed!!! OMD! How awful!
Please know that my thoughts and love are with you and that I am glad that at the very least, you are home safe!
All my love,

Skye

Anonymous said...

Awful, nasty people about watching and waiting. :(
Was the toast to your liking Pippa. :)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We were very sad to hear about Blaze too - we sent our sad woos to all at Moondance Huskies.

How awful about being robbed!!! But thankfully neither of you was hurt. What a nuisance to deal with.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

hey Pippa, we didn't know you got all your stuff stolen. mom must of missed that on FB. she would of told us if she had seen it. She keeps muttering about bits getting lost, maybe the news was a lost bit? Anyhow, we think that sucks.
Your pals, Morgan & Maisie

Amber and Nala said...

Pippa, you are looking so cute in your pictures. How horrible about the theft....it's not your fault you couldn't see the bad people or I bet you would have scared them away. ;)

Kisses,
Nala

Lorenza said...

Pippa!
I can't believe it! That bad people did not stop stealing your things knowing that you two were there! The nerve!
The only good thing about that is that they did not hurt you or Misery!
I am so sorry to know about Blaze.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh no D must have missed that on FB. That just stinks. Some people are just plan rotten. We're sorry that happened to you and your pinkies.

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Dearest Pippa, we are sooooooooooo sorry for your misfortunes.

Really, really, really.

My J says her heart could break for all the things which were stolen.

Take care my dearest Pippa, our thoughts are with you.

My Jeannie says well, actually, you don't want to distress your beauteous ears with her bad words, about those beasts who did the bad things.........

Our thoughts truly are with you and your humans.

lots of sad licks, Marvin xxxxx

Oh and many restrained and very British Hugs from my Jeannie xxxxx

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

We love the pix of you but we vote that Misery gets a new camera. Then she can take more pix of you to share with us. :)

Sorry about what happened, there are some very nasty people around.
:(

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Sad times right now. A few woofies have gone to the Bridge.
We sure hope you got lots of toast.
--JB

Lacy said...

w00fs, i sees me not the only one that missed news of u being robbed on FB.. me hopes u finds ur stuff..and me is sad about Blaze too..

b safe,
~rocky~

Fred said...

That's terrible! I hope they catch those bad folks!