Friday, March 04, 2011

Attacked

There I was, peaceably taking Master for a walk at lunchtime or thereabouts when I was attacked!!

We were wandering leisurely up the hill, to turn around at the middle gates and go back home for my Lunch! or Master's lunch, or somebody's lunch. But this horrid spitting, hissing, swirling thing threw itself at me and thought I would be lunch.

No. Pippadog is not luncheon meat. Even on a lead. What is a dog to do? Oh it was a C.A.T. by the way. All C.A.T.s may wish to skip a few paragraphs here ...

Anyway, I grabbed hold of it and chomped. Chomp, chomp, went the Pippajaws (note to Misery, if you groom me any more, you too, will feel the Pippajaws) but the huge pest was clinging to my snose. My beautiful snose.

Master told it to go away. That was pretty useless and he realised it. Luckily he carries a stick to ward off wild animals, wild dogs, wild cats and wild people. So he pushed the cat off my snose with his stick. He may have also hit it a tiny little bit.

What else was he going to do? Feral cat, no doubt fed by well-meaning people, attacks innocent dog. Without the tiniest bit of provocation. I am the first to admit that a good cat chase is often in order, but this was totally unreasonable. Master did not want to see me with my eye taken out, or lots of claws stuck in my face, so he stuck up for me. Or sticked up for me.

Well, then we went back home and kind Nurse Misery looked after me. I must say that one of her better traits is looking after poorly doggies. She put some yellow stuff on my snose and said nice things to me. There are times when I love Misery, even if she does paint me yellow.

One side


And another


A close-up


My paw. For a change. Investigating outside my gate.


Wrecking Checking out my spinach patch again. Note the yellow snose still.

18 comments:

Lacy said...

w00fs, i cant believe that C-A-T attacked u without a reason...and glad master was there to get that kitty off you..

b safe,
rocky

Charlie said...

Poor Pippa! You need your goofy golden sidekick there to help you with the nasty cats. I'm sure together we could have fixed him!
- Charlie

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Pippa. :(
Your snose does look poorly, but it is a good job it never caught your eye.
Does this call for extra pizza?

Amber-Mae said...

Don't worry about Misery accidentally clicking the "reject" button on my comment. Hoomies can make silly mistakes sometimes. I forgive her. I actually still remember what I wrote exactly!

Ouch! What a horrible mean kitty! Those are some nasty punctured holes on your snose. Luckily your hoomie managed to get it off you before it caused more serious injury. Won't be fun if those needle sharp nails get right into your eyeballs. Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me cringe. I hope your scars will heal fast.

See, I told you I have good memory! TEE HEE

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Oh Dear... Poor Pippa! We see the sort of screaming banshee that our sweet Tama-Chan turns into as soon as she sees a kitty intruder outside and can imagine what you aced.f But let me state forcefully tat she would never attack a woofie!

We are glad you are being nursed back to top form so well!

Woofs,
Tommy (and the c.a.t.s of the Poupounette)

TimberLove said...

OH! Woo poor baby, hope that nasty ouchy doesn't get infected!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yikes, Pippa - that must have hurt really badly!!! Thank your Master for having that stick to help you out. Paws crossed for healing with no scars to your beautiful snooter.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Army of Four said...

Holy smokes, Pippa! That was TOTALLY uncalled for! I sure hope that snooter of yours is OK!!! Misery is sure sweet to doctor you up -- I hope your owies don't get infected or anything! ;(
Play bows,
Zim

Noah the Airedale said...

Pippa mate, I would have helped you sort out that cat. I'm good at dealing with them.

Noah x

Asta said...

Pippa
That is twooly awful
Youw bootiful nosie all scwatvched up
Thank dog youw Dad was thewe to pwotect you fwom that evil cat and that you have Nuwse Misewy to soof and take cawe of you.
I hope the spinach makes you stwongew.
I'm sending healing smoochie kisses
love
ASTA

Moondance Huskies said...

Oh my Darling Pippa!!
How awful!!! Your beautiful snooter looks so sore. I will be right over to kiss it and make it feel better. Thank dogness your Master was there to stick up for you and Nurse Misery put some medicine on you. Hopefully that will make sure it doesn't get infected. Sending you lots of love and healing energy so you will feel better real soon.
All my love,

your Skye

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That KHAT is lukhky I'm not there to help!

I'd get it fur woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

I am barkless. Totally barkless.

My darling Pipparoonie, how you have suffered.

I feel for you.

I also feel my previous altercations with the feline race have been worthwhile, totally worthwhile. One particularly lethal altercation may have happened two years before this unprovoked attack on you, but on reading this, I feel I did have "Prior Revenge". On a feral.

My thoughts are with you. Yellow kinda suits you.

Healing Marvin kisses to youse.

love Marv xxxx

Randi said...

PIPPA!

I think my last comment was eaten by that nasty kitty!

I will write again!

POOOR POOOOR PippaDog...But never fear - you are still as handsome as ever...& Even more so with a few battle scars...

& at least Nurse Misery put yellow stuff on your snoze to match your gorgeous golden furs...she could have used some pink stuff...

I'm thinking good healing thoughts for your cutie snoze...

Love & Licks to my PippaDarling,
**SIGH**
Soo Handsome.

Randi

Lorenza said...

Pippa!
The nerve of that C.A.T.!
Sounds like you were victim of a nasty attack!
Glad Master had the stick with him!
I hope your snose is healing well!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Islay said...

I's never seen one of those C.A.T. things before, but you's lucky it wasn't one of those hissing mean monkeys!

licksnslobberz
Islay

Dexter said...

What a horrible story. The cat was obviously mentally disturbed. Thank goodness for Master and his stick. Your poor little snooter.

Slobbers,
Mango

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh Pippa, your wonderful snose! Do you suppose that the cat smelled the deliciousness of butter from toast on your snose? I bet that was it!
--JB