Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Pippa goes to work - sort of



Two of my favourite dogpals, well six to be accurate, have both given me this lovely award. I am very pleased with it, and I think it looks so pretty on my blog. Thank you Kelsey, Sky and Canyon of the Kapp pack, and Guinness, Kenna and Shiloh over at the The Stoutino Inn & Foster Kennel. You all make my day too when I visit your great blogs.



Edited to add: I forgot to pass this on. As usual. Anyway I am going to pass it on to the Barkalot Boyz, Frasier, Ume, River, Perfect Tosca, Golden Rossi, Gus and Louie, Pacco de Mongrel (although Pacco is always winning lots of prizes), Balboa, and ChaChi Lu. I thought I would mention 10 in case some of you already have it. You can pass it on to up to ten other blogs.

I have been nice to mistress this year I gave her a snose the other morning again. But just so she doesn't get used to it, the next day I did a pirouette. I put one paw on her chest, put all my weight on that paw and then bounded off in a twirl. I don't think she liked that very much.

I was a working dog today. Mistress and I were doing some paperwork and she put our files on MY sofa. So I had a quick peruse to give mistress the benefit of my opinion.



It was difficult because the file was upside down but I did my best. I think I gave her some inspiration.



Note from mistress. Photos unstaged. The file was to my left on the sofa, and Pippa carefully jumped on, and then sniffed and inspected the file. Then he supervised me and kept looking at the file.

Then I went to help with the chopping of vegetables. Some celery leaves fell on the floor but I don't like those, so I left them. Nothing else fell so it wasn't a very successful haul.



Well, now I am tired so I'm off back to my sofa.



Another hard day at the office for Pippatheworkingdog.

22 comments:

Peanut said...

Pippa nice to see you are keeping Mistress on her toes. You sure worked hard. The rest you are taking at the end there is much deserved.

Harry said...

Don't overwork yourself Pippa!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Jake of Florida said...

As a working dog myself, I, Jake, can appreciate what you have to endure in your efforts to help mistress.

I read this on your blog and smiled:

"I put one paw on her chest, put all my weight on that paw and then bounded off in a twirl..."

Just Harry and I do something similar after too much togetherness on Dogdad's lap. We call it "the terrier pushoff." Just as you say -- one paw on chest, and weight on that paw!!

Woofs, Pippa, and thank you for the kind award.

Jake

Frasier said...

Hi Pippa,
We doggies need to keep in touch with the taxes etc!!!!
Thankyou for the award!
Frasier

Sophie Brador said...

Pippa, I would love to see you demonstrate that pirouette.

xo
SB

Randi said...

Hi Darling Pippa!

You look so handsome in your "suit & tie" business like pose with all the paperwork & such...Are you sure you aren't some CEO of some huge conglomerate company that invented the snose? I hope you patented it first... It was nice of you to keep the paperwork of your mistress nice & neat & not kick it off...you are a very considerate working Pippadog.

Love & Licks
Randi

PS..you didnt' get any papercuts on your handsome paw paws did you? If you did, I can come & kiss them & make them better...

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Darling Pippa,
We love that last picture of you. I don't think that we've mentioned that Eva does snoses too! And occasional very gentle kisses. I give big slurpy kisses.

Do you ever snose Master?

Love,
Tasha and Eva

Balboa said...

thanks for the award dude!!!!!

YOu look so sophisticated sitting their with that file.

I always help my mommy with her work, a little Frenchie drool and scratches always make things more clear, hee hee

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is great we just got and passed that award on to others... Keep up the good work...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pippa!
I'd love to see you doing pirouettes!
Good job helping your Mistress with that file!
Congratulations on your award!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kapp pack said...

See, I knew you were a working dog like me. One more thing we have in common.

WOo woo Kelsey Ann

Urban Smoothie Read said...

oh poor pippa...u looks really tired with all the hardwork...

The Army of Four said...

I think celery leaves would be OK if they had melted cheese all over them.
You look very studious, Pippa. I like a pup with smarts!
Love,
Amber

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Pippa! They were wonderful photos, and not posed at all! We could see all the way from Scotland they were not posed!

You look so purposeful!

Celery leaves, yuk! I do not like any form of vegetables, although Jeannie has just started me with some cooked brocolli, cunningly disguised in my biscuits. Not too bad, even though it is green.

You are a handsome dude!

LOVE AND LICKS FROM MARVIN IN SCOTLAND....XXXXX

Kathryn and Ari said...

Wow--you look super smart. Ari just takes pages out of the binder and hides them (she hates when humans read: it means they're not admiring her!)

Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams Pippa - looks like you certainly earned your snooze with such a busy day!!

Thank you so much for the award I'm really honoured you thought of me!

River

One Little Birdie said...

we knew that you deserved that award! and you do indeed look so very handsome working with your Mistress. Guinness wishes she could give you a snose

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Looks like you've had a hard day at the office. I hope you got paid for all that work!J x

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Pippa,
Don't become a doggie work-a-holic. You need to get sum playtime in, too.
Stop by to stay hi.
Talks to you soon,
-Cosmos-

Lacy said...

woofies Pippa, hows da cat dream chasin going....heehee

b safe,
;)lacylulu

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Pippa, mom has bookkeeping that needs to be checked, can we send it to you? I'll share the carrots that she spilled on the floor.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Urban Smoothie Read said...

thanks for the award..

i felt honoured to receive it..