Friday, January 07, 2011

Disguises and invasion

Master thinks I am stupid. Every morning he feeds me my tablets disguised in something tasty in a bid to get me to eat them. He thinks I haven't noticed.

Waiting - and watching


One morning I chucked one out on the floor and thought I had got away with not eating it, but he spotted it and gave me it again. He even kept my mouth closed and stroked my throat to make sure I swallowed it. What I have to put up with!

Here is a list of tasties that I have been fed before my main breakfast as supposed tablet hiders:

orange
seitan
tempeh
pasta
runner beans (master thought these were very clever as he could pop the tablet inside the split bean)
cooked (dried) beans
carrot

I nearly got pineapple but Greedy Mistress was too busy getting it down her neck for it to become a tablet disguiser. Just as well she gave me a few pieces anyway.

But my very favourite is beef slices. Actually they are not beef at all, they are some veggie slices that Master and Misery eat, called beef style slices.

Master cuts one slice into three and wraps a tablet inside each one. I tell you I would eat twenty tablets every morning to get more of this yummy stuff. It does not touch the sides I gobble it down so fast.

Yummy slices


Lip-licking yummy in fact


More, more, I want more


Thank you to all my FB pals who wished me a happy barkday. Trouble is Misery has forgotten when it was, just that it was Jan 2004 when I found them, so she picked an arbitrary date. I have made her look it up on my blog from years back. It is the 14 January. I wonder if I will get to celebrate two got-them-days this year?

Now, I have a very bad piece of news to impart. My sofa has been - INVADED!! Master and Misery claim they have been poorly. Have they got tick disease and are they taking millions of tablets? No, therefore they are not remotely poorly IMDO.

But nevertheless, first Misery invaded it for a little nap claiming she was tired and poorly - and then look at this. Master was on there all afternoon. I kept walking up to him glaring - waiting for him to jump off - but he just kept snoring away.

Zzzzzzzzz


A dog's sofa is his very own personal space, only to be occasionally and very generously shared if someone is sitting next to him with food. Otherwise - paws off.

Now normally, like most pups, I keep my tail tidily curled round myself when I am asleep. But after the recent surprise invasion - I have decided to stretch right out, and that includes my tail taking up the final third of the sofa. Perhaps they will get the message.

Mine, I tell you, all mine

18 comments:

Scrappy and Pebbles said...

haha I think you need to tell your humans to go get their sofa....

Hi Pippa, Scrappy here... just a tip on taking tablets. I love them in cream cheese or sometimes Bren pushes them inside hard cheese..
She thinks she is fooling me when she gives me one cube of cheese without meds hidden inside then one with the tab and then another cube of cheese as a chaser... I let her believe I don't know what she is doing as I get more treats that way.... worth teaching your humans this trick Pippa xx

Tail wags
Scrappy and Pebbles and their maid Bren xx

Fred said...

Crafty humans. Good work on reclaiming your sofa. Will the indignities never end?
P.S. Hope you are feeling better!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

The last pikh made me furget what I was to khomment -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Dearest Pippa, I have been on a course of anti biotics, hey, they think they are so darn clever, those humans. They tried to split the capsules and sprinkle the so called star dust in my tucker, but I was having none of it.

Tho my J says drugs split into runner beans (her fave veg) may be quite the most tasty thing.

I have tried all sorts of treats where tablets are concerned.......

however.........I totally and utterly SPIT THEM OUT!!

Asta said...

Pippa
How bwilliant to find something so tasty to wap the tablets in..maybe you could do the same fow Mastew and Misewy and then they can be up on theiw foots soonew and keep off you PAWSONAL,PWIVATE VEWY OWN SOFA!!!!
I like the stwetched out position
You'we vewy smawt
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Oskar said...

Extra beef slices are in order if you can't get on the couch properly!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Over here, #1 uses sticky stuff like pate and soft cheese to hide evil-tasting pills.

The invasion of the sofa really is quite unacceptable. Next time they try a trick like that, just jump up and lie on them, I say!

Woofs,
Tommy

Lorenza said...

Pippa!
Glad they found a good "trick" for your pills!
Be a good boy and take them, ok?
Aaaand good job on re-taking your couch!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

How Sam Sees It said...

Sorry about your sofa loss - humans are strange about these things. Including trying to sneak us pills!

Sam

Shmoo said...

Dear Pippa,

Please visit my blog for a special surprise, and I will also need to know where to send your official HULA certificate :)

http://meeshkaworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-hula-member-pippa.html

Meeshka

Jake of Florida said...

We started to feel really guilty about missing your barkday -- but then we looked on FB and it says January 14 -- so is it possible we're not late, but early? Regardless, since we believe in Birthday Seasons -- we'll start now wishing you lots of good things (mostly toast and your very own sofa) and continue later.

We're glad the nasty pills are having good effect and look forward to hearing that you are cured and back to pure Pippaness.

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

Lola Smiles said...

so bad here - a very happy belated barkday sweet Pippa! We have been very bad at keeping up to date with everything. I am happy to hear that you're on the mend.

Mom is so impressed with your bushy tail.

Cheers handsome!
xox

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Pippa! You're lucky your dad at least tries to hide your pills in something. Mama just shoves ours down our throats, and if we accidently spit one out, she just picks it up and shoves it down again. We do get tried liver treats after the pill shoving, though. We applaud your sofa strategy. Tommy & the Chans are right, though; next time a 2-leg is stretched out on your sofa, just climb on top of them and stretch out ON the offender. Guaranteed to work every time. Glad to read you are getting better.

Jed & Abby

The Army of Four said...

You look very comfortable on your couch. And handsome.
Zimmie gets his tablets in chicken lunchmeat and he likes that a lot. I can find a pill in ANYthing and spit it out, so I have to have mine put down my throat. I don't like that.
I hope you're feeling a bit better, Pippa!
Love,
Ammy

Juno said...

Handsome Pippa!!! That is a very clever way to send your strong message! We have to do the same to send ours to our human pup!

Hope you will get rid of these pills soon!

Momo & Pinot xoxo

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

well Master looks so comfy, my Jeannie says she can remember those blankets, the holy ones, well not the religious ones just the holy ones, she cannot remember what those blankets were called, suffice to bark, they are warm and cellular.

She had blankets which looked just like Master's blankets. Except she has just realised this is NOT all about HER!!

Hope you feeling better Pipparoonie, my J tried to disguise my pills by splitting them and sprinkling the dust on my food. I am not stupid JEANNIE!

sorry my comment is now as long as your post!

Much licks, Marvin xxxxxxxx

Martha said...

Oh we hate tablets too and they to fool us by putting them in something we like too!
They must think we are daft. Happy birthday whenever it was - Bailey also has a birthday in January but we have no idea when.
Our human is January too but she now has had so many she tries to forget.
Why do they complain when they get to live so long?
It is not good that your human has invaded your sofa - after all we dogs need our own pawsonal space.
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

We are glad you are feeling better. Do you suppose you would take your medicine inside a nice bite of salmon? That would probably work for me!
--JB