Monday, January 17, 2011

Hola Pippa - Hula Pippa

Off we went in my Landy to my Spanish finca. As we approached the frontera (frontier), Misery turned round to ask me: 'Do you think your nice Guardia Civil friends will want to say hello?'

'Of course,' I answered. 'They always do.' This has nothing to do with the fact that there are no windows for them to see what we have in the back of the Landy, it is because they want to say hello to me, Pippa.

But as we were going through the frontier, no-one seemed interested in us. They were looking at a Spanish car, and two vans. Then! Just as we were about to go through without greetings, a Guardia Civil officer said 'Hola!'

Master promptly stopped. He jumped out of our Landy (his seatbelt was undone waiting for the call to say hello to me) and walked around to the rear. I was very excited and jumped towards the rear door.

'Abre abajo' said the officer. Master opened my door.

"Hola!"


'Eeeeek!!!!' said the officer, or something similar in Spanish.

She jumped back ten yards. Why didn't she want to say Hola! to me and stroke me?

Then she told master to close the door and to go. She didn't seem to want to look for tobacco or alcohol or whatever they seem to want to find that we never have anyway.

Poor sad Pippa. Most of them say Hola! and give me a pat. It's not as though I am a frightening sort of a dog. Even if one did once call me a leon, or a tigre or something like that.

"Hello friends, where are you?"


Now I have some other wonderful news. My secret operations as an undercover HULA operative can finally be disclosed as I am retired.

I am so proud to have my certificate. Of course Misery didn't complete my application correctly so I thought I should add a few comments. Well, maybe not today. Another day ...

10 comments:

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my, congratulations dearest Pippa on your Hula!

I think the first photograph on this post is most delightful! Well they all are, but that one particularly is really handsome.

I have no idea why the silly woman guard was so odd - she missed a wonderful opportunity to meet you and say Hola.

Some people just don't know how lucky they are.

lotsalicks, Marvin xxxxxxxx

Jake of Florida said...

Silly lady who missed her chance to pet the Pippa. Others would pay a fortune for the opportunity and she blew it.

Oh well.

But what we really want to now is how are you feeling? Nasty tablets done? No more of that awfuk e- stuff?

Inquisitive wire-haired fox terriers want to know -- everything -- all the time...

Wirey love,

Jake and Just Harry

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

What a pathetic Guardia Civil lady! How could she possibly deprive herself of the pleasure of saying hello to such a gorgeous girl? Silly woman!

Woofs,
Tommy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Same question from us as Jake and Just Harry - how are you doing, Pippa?

Congrats on the HULA certificate - quite the honor!!! And that silly lady doesn't know what a great opportunity to touch royalty she missed.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

How Sam Sees It said...

We would have loved to hug you! Silly lady, she missed out!

Sam

Asta said...

What a woode silly lady
She misse out on a chance of a lifetime, to stwoke you and kiss you and hug you and say Hola

I would cewtainly have fawned ovew you gowgeous Pippa
Have a gweat twip
smoochie kisses and congwatulations on youw pawsome cewtificate
love
ASTA

Lorenza said...

What?
What was going on with that officer??
I know you just wanted to say hello!
Congratulations on your HULA Certificate!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Randi said...

Oh Dear Darling Pippa - how I miss you! Did you get my Holiday Card that I sent to you? I hope you are feeling much better..My Monkey Stick Little Brother still takes up all my mom's time...so I dont get around to blogging as much as I used to..But I still think of you all the time...

Love & Licks,
Randi

Martha said...

Well Pippa, there really is no explaining some humans!
She must have been one of those odd ones who dont like dogs - we cannot understand them at all!
Congratulations on your awesome certificate!
Hope you are doing OK now.
love
Martha and Bailey xxx

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

How exciting to have such a prestigious certificate! Do you suppose I can be a HULA cat one day if I can good?
--JB