Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another good day



Well I am feeling a bit better. Lots of my girlfriends are in the Army of Four and they have all promised to look after me.

Not a single one has accused me of being DWB's BWD (Big Wimp Dog). So I don't feel so bad about it. Just as well to have lots of girlfriends I say and they can all support you.

And many of my dogblogpals have come up with sensible suggestions for my mission - like being in charge of toast, or possibly cats. Although not having a mission at all but just sort of being around sounded a good idea too.

So I decided to take master out for a walk. I am looking quite jaunty aren't I? I don't know what I was looking at there though. It can't have been a girlfriend because I don't have any here.



Here I am showing my sensitive side, sniffing the flowers. Well, the plant. I think something must have done a peepee there because there is no flower to smell. Whatever it was must have had high legs though. Not something I could manage, even on an active day. I think a cat might have walked along the wall and stopped at this plant. Yes that will be it, Sherlock Pippa today.



Wait, what is going on here? Boats?



This is NOT a boatblog mistress. It does not say Pippaboatblog at the top. It says Pippadogblog.



Take the boats away. Just because we were walking around the marina is no excuse for arty shots of boats. Put them on your own blog. Huh.

Now, where was I? Oh, yes looking rather elegant here, don't you think? It's important to have just the right stance, with one foot carefully poised in front of the other. Best paw forward and all that. Don't want the girlfriends to think I spend all day on the sofa.



And what was I laughing at? Of course, it would have been mistress I suspect. She is always doing something silly.

Edited to add: I was so busy laughing at mistress that I forgot to post about today's girlfriend. It has to be Ethel who I am dreaming of today. I will ensure you are never a war widow (apart from anything else I'm not planning on marrying you or any other dog but that is beside the point), as I intend to look after myself and keep away from action zones. And of course you were my very first girlfriend, the one with the beautiful black coat, the sharp pointy teeth, the athletic high kicks. Droooooool. I mean sigh. Drooling is a little undignified. Even for you. Or over you.

23 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Pippa, Why did you not jump on one of those boats and sail for Canada? I wish you would come for Howlaween. I'm making rabbit stew ... I mean chocolate bunnies ... I mean trick or treats. Or whatever. Just come visit me! My joints are getting too stiff to make the swim.

xo
SB

Harry said...

Sorry Pippa, but I quite like the arty boat shots! But the ones of you doing your jaunty walk are jolly nice too.

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Ferndoggle said...

You should always make time to sniff the flowers.

Excellent girlfriend pick...she's my BFF!

Penny

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Pippa, I like that pose with the paw in the front. And that smile. Very cool.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Unknown said...

You are such a stud! The only lady in my life is mama... and she has to love me anyways. hahhahahah

Loves,
Tofu

The Army of Four said...

Hey, hey! Pippa! Zim here - you know, Amber's little bro? Yeah!
Hey, I sure loved all these pix you posted. I'll make sure Am sees the ones of YOU. I love the plant one, myself. Did you taste it? I love taking bites out of stuff like that!
Ooooooh, and just out of curiousity ... with all those boats ... do you have an ocean there? Do you have an extra one? I'm trying to get one here in Kansas, USA. Please let me know if you have one you could send me! They seem so cool!
Play bows,
Zim
PS: Sergio Mendes is some Brazilian dude. Mom and Dave love to "woo" along with his Portuguese songs from when he had the Brazilian '66. If you look up his stuff on Amazon.com, you can listen to some cuts. They especially like "Mais Que Nada" and "Pais Tropical". They're kinda strange..........

wally said...

Pippa,

Your comment on my blog made me bust a gut. Always love a good belly laugh.

I think you should be Sergeant Major in Charge of Cat Chasing indeed. My sissy could be in charge of squirrels. They're sort of her portfolio.

wally.

ps. As a confirmed bachelor myself I support your stand on staying single.

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Hey, time for more pics on my blog! Gotta pick the 5 best!

Princess is very cute but Tank will tear the head off of any dog that comes near her, so watch out!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pippa!

I like the PippaBoatBlog! The photos are beautiful! Please be nicer to your mistress!

XOXO

Dog Lover

;D

Simba and Jazzi said...

What a lovely sunny day. Its all grey and horrid here.

Simba xx

One Little Birdie said...

Darling Pippa, you are looking exceptionally jaunty in those photos and the boats are very nice too. You could jump on one of those boats and come to visit me! We could be jaunty together. Love, Guinness

Mike and Mati said...

Dear Pippa! Mati here. I especially love your pictures, your so handsome. And whats with the boats? I agree, but they do look nice and picture-like. Just be careful while sniffing the flowers, it might be nice, but you could get Dogergies or allergies to those things and then get the itchies. We will have to catch up on your PipaDogBlog - miss you, Love Mati

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pippa!
Sure I love to see walking around!
Did you decide to take the post of the chef at the Army??
Saludos para Ethel!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Freda said...

Pippas,

I drools everytimes you take master for a walks on Gibs. Mum and Dads keep tellin' me abouts the reeeallys short time they spent there but how greats it was. Cooools places to walks and stuffs to smell. Do you have anys ape friends yet? 1,2 1,2 One of them reeeallys liked Mum a lots.

Any more abouts Geocatzin'? After ∆≈ had to remove his cache he has found little times to do much. Too manys fingers in too manys pies.

Stay handsomes.

Wuufs!

Ƨ (BDFF)

Urban Smoothie Read said...

cats n toast will be my 1st priority too....

Frasier said...

Hi Pippa,
You stop to smell the roses ???
That looked like a great walk,I dont get to stop !!
Frasier

Sophie Brador said...

Pippa! Don't you be silly.
I aspire to you every day.
xo
SB

Kapp pack said...

Wonderful pics of you Pippa, I will definitely dream sweet dreams tonight.....too bad you are all the way across the atlantic....could you ho on one of those boats to come over here??? Save me from the torture of the annoying one...(who, BTW, made his special announcent today)

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Bama said...

Woohoo Pippadog,
Chili here. Cracker & I decided the boys need to interview you, since our sisters are your grrrlfriends & they would just ask silly questions like "Who's your #1 grrrlfriend, Pippa?")
So....we want to know:
1) Just exactly how MANY grrrlfriends do you have?
2) Just what exactly are your intentions toward our sisters, since you've made it clear you're not settling down with just one?
3) What time will you have them home from their dates?
4) They are both very young, are you going to try to take advantage of their innocence?
5) Just pulling your tail on 1-4, you're a grrrrreat guy. Question #5 is.....will you share your little black book with us? After all, you can't possibly keep ALL those grrrrls satisfied at once!

OK, OK, OK. The grrrls insist we tell you that the pic of your pose with one foot in front of the other, and the confident grin on your face is "hot". We really would like answers to questions 1 & 5, what IS your secret with the ladies???
Envious Bows,
Chili & Cracker

Anonymous said...

Hey Pippa looks like you had a great walk :)

River

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Hi Pippa, Tasha here. My, my, don't you look handsome in those pictures! It looks like you like to sniff things along your walks just like me. Dad has to keep reminding me to "Come on, lets go" all the time. We wish you could come see us when there is snow here. We would have such fun! Belly Rubs, Tasha.
P.S. We liked the boat pics.

Lacy said...

woofies Pippa!!! u shure ya didnt spy another girlie on ur walkie, u shure looked preoccupied...me likies to eat the flowers and plants and stuffies...luveded the pictur of the boats....and as fur the army, heehee dey can send u in as "da lover", nobodyies wood supect u then...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Natasha Fernz said...

Hello Pippa

You're looking very handsome in these here pictures!!!

Hugs
Cleo