Friday, July 13, 2007

Who am I....?



I ask this because there are lots of informed dogpals out there that may have a view.

After I had adopted master and mistress, the locals in our village said I was a Spanish sheepdog - un perro pastor - from the mountains.

That's a reasonable deduction, because I am nice to all livestock, and I am very furry, which would keep me warm in the mountains.

But the other day when we were in Gib, people kept calling me a white Alsatian.

Now, it has to be said that when I found master and mistress they thought I could be a cross between a husky and a GSD.



Although I have a white face and big amber eyes, the markings on my saddle do look like a GSD. But my friend Prince was not like me. Although he was a shepherd dog he barked at everything. I don't think he would have made a good pastor.



Now I don't bark at much at all. And even in the morning, when I am telling master to do breakfast, half the time it is more of a roooooo than a bark.

So what do you think pals? Husky/GSD cross? Oh, and we have looked at Poseidon's blog, (see Bone Zone - photo of the month) and I think we look similar in some of the photos.



I almost forgot. People keep saying I look old. Me, OLD! I am sure I was a (large) puppy when I found master and mistress. I might have looked a bit hot recently, and I had the poorly tummy, but I AM NOT OLD. I don't think.

Pippa. A bit confused.

16 comments:

Frasier said...

Hi Pippa,
I would say you were a dead ringer for an Alsatian.Mommy had one growing up.
I guess people associate big dog with old !!!
Your a cute doggie.
Frasier

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Pippa, you are your own unique self, and we like you just like you are. With you fluffiness and
sweet face we think you are beautiful!
MayaMarie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pippa.
I don't care about your breed! I love you just like you are!!
Who said you are old?? Did you bark some bad words to him?? I would do it!!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Freda said...

Hey Pippas,

Me thinks part GSD, like me, and of course, wolf, like us alls.

But whatevers breed, you're reeeallys handsome.

Wuufs!

Ƨ

Headgirl said...

You're an unique young Pippadog - thats all there is too it....
Though I always liked the idea of you being a Spanish Sheepdog, you've such a kind face.

Extra pats for a confused Pippa

Have good w/e all
Blue

Ume said...

hiya Pippa,
u r unique n gorgeous as u r, with your drop dead amazing eyes to boot! n u r so NOT old!

Natasha Fernz said...

Hey Pippa...

I think you're an Alsatian too... We used to breed Alsatians many many years ago, and you look just like ours..

Natasha

Kerrio said...

I reckon you are a GSD too, there is a LOT of variation in the breed and you really do look like one.

Mind you - you could be a puppy wolfhound waiting to grow up and smash ovens.

Snogs fom the dogs

Kerrio & co

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Pippa, we understand your confusion. We know we are dachsies and Roxie even knows her exact age. It must be a little unsettling to have unanswered questions. But, don't focus on what you don't know. Focus on master and mistress and the host of friends you have ... oh, and focus on your toasties for breakfast!

PerfectTosca said...

Well hey you don't look old to me! I think you are hubba hubba! Besides, Opy and Gomer over at dogsayeview say you're cool and that's good enough for me! Arrrooooooo!

Bella said...

Hi Pippa Dog
That's a good question & we ae no expert, but you look like gernam shepherd to us cross with ??
Is there a native spanish shepherd dog & what does it look like. If you are a cross breed - then that would usually be with a dog type that is common in the area and likely to wander. In Australia the most common cross breeds are with Kelpie and/or Heeler, both common working/herding dog breeds around here.
Wuffs
Bella

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Your heritage makes no difference, dear Pippa. All that matters is that Misstress and Master love you and that you love them! Everything else will take care of itself. Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

You are handsome through and through, that's what you are. But if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say there was some white alsatian in the mix.

Licks
Oscar x

wally said...

You are a Pippahound. I'd say you're a shepherd of some sort but your eyes are quite intriguing. We have a GIGANTIC book of all the dog breeds EVER and we will look for a Pippa.

wally.

One Little Birdie said...

Being the GSD & husky house, we think that GSD is the strongest possibility and husky is a good guess. Our family has gsd, husky & mixes of both all of the time and everyone looks a bit different. Whatever that ol' DNA stuff holds, you are one handsome dude and you picked some really cool people o be with. Woo
PS. Guinness, our GSD, is the most noisy of our pack - she is always guarding our house - sometimes from things only she can see

Anonymous said...

pretty doggie - like me!! My name is Sasha, and I have quite a small head like you, with very alsation ears and colours on my back and tail. My Mom was a big husky and my Dad a large alsation. My human parents are both girls like me, and they spend all their time kissing and cuddling me!!! They take me for one very long walk in woods every day. They love me as much as they love each other and so I am very affectionate. I catch rabbits for them and talk husky talk all the time which annoys them sometimes. They say huskies are very vocal and I have a vast range of noises which they seem to understand. Do you talk husky?