Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Butter wouldn't melt.....and the annual review

Well every pup, inspired by all your helpful and pawsitive comments regarding my food foraging, especially Jackson's - I just hope you got some credit for saving on the washing up by going for the self service buffet option - I thought I would have another go on Boxing Day.

Misery had gone to the shops, which is one of her duties, although she always tries to put it off on some spurious excuse that she has to supervise me. But master remained behind and agreed to prepare lunch. When he had put all the veg trimmings in the bin he decided to take it outside, so down he went.

Naturally I wandered over to have a little lookie to see if there was anything left for me. And what did I find? Yes, the nice butter dish. Sadly there were no bread rolls to go with the butter as I had eaten all those on Christmas Eve. I carefully put my front paws up and reached out for the butter dish, and then gently placed it on the floor.

I knew I had to be quick because master wouldn't be long putting the rubbish outside, so I licked the dish out as fast as possible. When master came in, it was nice and clean. I was waiting for him to be pleased at my contributions to the washing up, but he picked up the dish and said "Bad dog, go to your sofa."

Well, I was going to my sofa anyway after my nice find, but I thought it was a bit churlish to call me bad dog. If master doesn't want me to eat butter he shouldn't leave it out. In fact, I have to report, he has since been putting it in the fridge all the time now. And the new bread rolls seem to live in a cupboard. I foresee a starving new year.

.............

Onto Pippa's Review of 2008. Last year I did a review, which I really enjoyed putting together as it is so easy to forget what has happened during the year.

So in January, mistress forgot my Gotcha Day - which is 14 Jan mistress, please remember next year - and we went back to my finca, so I had a fine time playing on my terrace. I said goodbye to my new friend Durango, who sadly was only with the Brat Pack for a very short time.



February was mostly a nice sunny month and I lay outside smelling the jasmine on my terrace and sat at the table waiting for my omelette. I got treats from my darlings Tasha and Eva, got lots of awards and had a few girlfriend problems, so I decided not to look for any more. It was also leap year so I thought I better let all my girlfriends know that I didn't expect any proposals. Phew! Didn't get any - apart from a half-hearted one from Sophs. Oh, and we went for a fine excursion into the hills, and got stuck down a river bed too. A busy month.



In March we decided to go back to my Gibflat to check out what the Gibcats had been up to in my absence. Master seemed to think he might go look for some more work too. We did a black and white photoshoot as the prelimary for my new career on the silver screen. LacyLulu gained her angel wings.

In April we travelled up and down to my finca again but only at the weekend as master had found himself some work. More importantly I wrote the first draft of my film project.

May was a sociable month chatting to people at the marina and the guardia civil when we crossed the border. It was also a very sad month because darling Tasha, one of my earliest and sweet-hearted girlfriends, went to the Rainbow Bridge.

I became a restaurant critic in June, which I can recommend to all pups I must say. At the beginning of the month, I posted about Harry, my very good friend, who had overcome huge pawlinesses 18 months previously, but finally went to the bridge at the end of May. And at the end of the month, young Baby Love's health problems finally became too much for her to fight any more, and she joined so many of our friends.

July was pretty much like June - lots more food out for my new role as restaurant critic, and Crum-Pets at home. But more sadness as three more lovely friends left us - Kelsey Ann from the Kapp Pack, another very special girlfriend, and Blogs from the Dogs in the UK had such a triste month, first with Megann going to the bridge, and then KuBrin.



In August I got a Beetle-Pet, but she didn't last long - not my fault, I must add. I shed lots of fur in the hot summer. Mistress was busy celebrating their wedding anniversary - for most of the month I think. September was pretty quiet too, although mistress managed to take some silly photos of me. We reminded everyone how I got my name.

The best thing about October was that one day I escaped on my morning walk with master to go on a cat hunt. But I found my way into a courtyard and was trapped, so my fun didn't last long. And I posted a rather good doga photo.



November was a mixed month. The good news was that I discovered yeast extract on toast is delicious, I played Nose Expose on Bolo's blog, and finally revived the movie project. Mistress spent too much time writing a silly novel. The sad news was that beautiful Freda went to the bridge. Lovely Freda, another of our early, and great, blogging friends.

Which brings me up-to-date in December. Mistress decided to inflict computer problems on me. We went back to my finca for a nice holiday, but then master had to come back to work, so we didn't stay very long. I helped myself to bread rolls and butter for Christmas, but you all know that.

So there we are. Another year in the life of Pippadog. Some fun, some cats, some nice food, and some sadness too. Master, Misery and I would like to say that we are thinking of the families of those pups who have gone to the bridge, mentioned above, they have all been loyal and supportive friends who have always visited my blog. We are thinking too of all the other families who have seen some pup go to the Rainbow Bridge as it has been a sad year for the DWB community.

And I would like to thank every pup of you for continuing to visit my blog in spite of Misery's erratic posting. Wishing you all the very best for the New Year.

Pippa

30 comments:

Pipa said...

Happy and Healthy New Year, Pippa!

One Little Birdie said...

Happy New Year, my darling Pippa. I am mad about you! hee hee - love that song! love the new musical side of your blog. now I need to go and get the pink wubba back from Shiloh, who stole it from me.

Love & Snoses,
Guinness

The Army of Four said...

Happy New Year to the most handsomest Pippa in the world!!!
Love,
Ammy

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy New Year to my Pippa Pal!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Randi said...

Oh Dear Darling Pippa...you are such an eloquent writer...I know you could write a novel faster than your pokey mistress...I think maybe you should add that to your list of TO DO in 2009..besides your silver screen duties...write a novel...& better yet..get mistress to stop the silly one of hers & she can write yours...our paw paws don't type that fast you know..but my nose can..but thats another story..

I was wondering if you'd mind if I put a pic of you on my bloggy for an upcoming post...I'm going to write about my 3 boyfriends...& of course, you are my very favorite mysterious European one...

Love & Licks,
Randi

Kathryn and Ari said...

That is a very busy year, Pippa. Here's to 12 months of butter and rolls!!

Randi said...

Dear Darling Darling Pippadog,

Of course you are my first boyfriend...& there is no one else like you!

Since you'll read it in print soon...the others are Wally T. Corgador & little Dexter Labradude (Mango the Mastiff's little bro)..who has quite the crush on me...he's not even a year old...

I hope you are OK with that...

Love & Licks,
Randi

ps..I'm saving the new years kiss for you cuz its already new years at your Pippaflat..

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Glad woo got to taste that butter and hope more comes your way in 2009. Yes, 2008 was a mix of joy and sorrow, but we are so furry glad we got to meet woo.

Happy New Year.

Woos, the OP Pack

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Darling Pippa,
Thanks for mentioning my beautiful Tasha. We continue to miss her so much.

On a happier note - Happy New Year! May your year be filled with good health, more treats and lots of love.

Princess Eva & Brice

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pippa!
Godd review!
I hope all your wishes come true this 2009!
Happy New Year
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Pippa! Wishing you (and family) a wonderful 2009--and many more rolls with butter!

p.s. Beautifully written look-back post...

Islay said...

What a year you've had, Pippa! I can't even remember what I did last week, let alone last month or year! Happy Happy New Year - wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!

licks & puppy love,
Charlie

Amber-Mae said...

We hope your Mama doesn't forget your Gotcha Day this year.

HAP HAP NEW YEAR!

Having a pawty hangover,
Solid Gold Dancer

Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Happy New year, Pippa!

Pedro said...

Pippa,

It was very nice to meet you today! Stop by and visit me any time. I'm very partial to shephard/huskey dawgs!

Pedro

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pipparoonie, if I may be so bold to add ooooonie on to your name, it is a form of Marvin flattery, what a beautiful post.

And how kind you are to think of all the pups who crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and their parents they left behind.

I enjoyed your review of the year, and also enjoyed your rolls and butter tales, mmmmmm! Way to go Pippa!

Happy New Year to you and your family, and Jeannie says to tell you she loves the photo of you with your head on the table - and the one of you with handsome Master. And handsome Pippa too!

Tell Misery to pull her finger out and do more posting this year for you!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxx

Jeannie xxxxxxx

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Happy New Year Pippa!!

Me and the Mommy really enjoyed your year end review. It has been a very sad year for DWB and my family lost some very dear humans too but me and the Mommy like to think that everydoggie we lost os a the bridge throwing a big New Years Party with Samantha & Jody.

We already had a scary start to the new year and the Mommy is gonna do a post about it tonght.

kisses....Mona

BarryE said...

Aarroo! Pippa. Here's a big w00f to you for 2009... ;o)

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Happy New Year Pippa. Yes it was a sad year here in blogland but some really great things have also happened. We have met so many new and wonderful friends from all over the world like you. Keep up the good work..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Kapp pack said...

Happy New Year to you too! We are very touched you remembered our Kelsey Ann in your year in review. Thank woo....you were very special to her.

Kisses, Sky boy

Chef said...

It's been a roller coaster year, Pippa my friend. We hope 2009brings us all only good news from all our friends around the world. We sure hope Mistress tends to your blog a little more often, though! Happy New Year to you and your family.

xoxo
Chef

Lacy said...

w00f's Pippa, wow u iz shuch a pawsome writer...thank u sooo much fur rmembering angel lacylulu, cant believe in march she will b gone a year...sure hope we dont lose anymore in 2009...yummmies, u got butter, and to bad they hide the rolls from u now..

b safe,
~rocky~

Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Pippa,
Thanks for stopping by our blog. We really enjoyed chatting with you yesterday in the chatroom.
Would you mind if we added you to our blog list?

tailwags
Noah

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

We remember with sadness the dogs who left us in 2008. Far too many.
On a more cheery note, I'm glad that you managed to go for the self service buffet option again. Here's to many more opportunities in 2009. J x

Lola Smiles said...

Pippa: mom loves that song mad about the boy - wink, wink! :)

Wishing you a peaceful happy new year sweet Pippa.
xox

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

Happy Paw Year, Pippa
Mum has finally stawted updating my blog!

It was gweat barking at you at the Pawty!
xxx
Asta (Oz)

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Happy New Year Pippa.
We certainly hope it is not a starving new year for you! It was good to read back on your year. We look forward to another year of Pippadogblog.
Lix
J&D

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Pippa,
That was a great review but a sad one too with all the ones who went to the Bridge. We like reading your blog, so please don't stop writing and posting.
Happy New Year!
--JB

One of the pack said...

Happy New Year, Pippa. May this year bring you more toast with that butter, and many places to explore with your master.

Loving Life,
Lola

Simba and Jazzi said...

I'm finally back from rehab and blogging again. Happy new year.

Simba x